From AppleGamingWiki, the wiki about gaming on M1 Apple silicon Macs
|July 27, 2010|
|macOS||July 27, 2010|
|Battle.net||Requires online authentication.|
- All versions require Template:DRM, as well as periodic online re-authentication every 30 days.
- Free Starter Edition is also available, although this edition cannot be played offline.
The StarCraft II Starter Edition is a free but limited version of StarCraft II.
- Only the first five missions of the Terran campaign are available, as well as the first four missions of the Zerg campaign. Two challenge missions are available as well.
- Custom non-ranked multiplayer and AI battles are available with all three races.
- The entire Arcade mode is available. Custom maps can be created with the Editor, but not published.
- All achievements and progress carry over to the full version.
Starting from November 14, 2017, StarCraft II has gone free-to-play. Contents which are available for free:
- The original Wings of Liberty campaign.
- Ranked multiplayer ladder.
- Current and upcoming Co-op Commanders.
|Heart of the Swarm||Standalone. Can be bought from the Battle.net store.|
|Legacy of the Void||Standalone. Can be bought from the Battle.net store.|
|Nova Covert Ops Mission pack 1|
|Nova Covert Ops Mission pack 2|
|Nova Covert Ops Mission pack 3|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Blizzard Support - Playing StarCraft II Offline - last accessed on 2018-08-27